Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weeping into Joy

Song: Restoration
You bring restoration, You bring restoration, You bring restoration, to my soul
You've taken my pain, called me by a new name, You've taken my shame, and in it's place, You give me joy
You take mourning and turn it into dancing, You take weeping and turn it into laughing
You take mourning and turn it into dancing, You take my sadness and turn it into joy
hallelujah, hallelujah, You make all things new, all things new

I don't know why things happened the way they did with Taren or if I ever will. But as I sit here listening to "Restoration" watching my two year old son run around I know God is good. He took my months of weeping and in place of them he has brought be daily laughing in the moments I spend with Taren. He has taken our sadness watching our son go through surgery and all the procedures he suffered through and turn it into pure joy & pride over the amazing son he has given us. My son has more spunk, personality, humor, love, goofiness, spirit and just absolute love for life! He has more than I ever imagined. Do I know why he has had so many rough times. No, but I know that God makes all things new because my son is living proof! He is not what the Dr.s predicted. He has surpassed every expectation. He is my miracle, he is my fighter, he is my thundering achiever! He is 100% normal & healthy. He is right on track in every area of his life. I look at him and I know God is a God of miracles. Even when things do not go the way I think or pray they do, I know he is good. Because in the end my son is living proof miracles happen.

No comments: